The membership of the Pasco Code Enforcement Board shall be as follows:
(1) The Board shall consist of five voting members;
(2) All positions on the Board shall be filled by persons appointed by the City Council;
(3) All members of the Board shall be residents of the City of Pasco, both at the time of their appointment and for the full term of their appointment;
(4) The CEB members who are first appointed shall serve terms as designated below, but thereafter board members shall be appointed for a term of four years that shall commence on the first day of January of the year of the appointment. The term for the first appointed board members shall commence and terminate as follows:
Position 1 – January 1, 1997 to January 1, 1999;
Position 2 – January 1, 1997 to January 1, 1999;
Position 3 – January 1, 1997 to January 1, 2000;
Position 4 – January 1, 1997 to January 1, 2000;
Position 5 – January 1, 1997 to January 1, 2000.
(5) The appointing authority may remove by majority vote any person it appointed for lack of due diligence or for other good cause, including those stated in PMC 2.35.010. Any vacancy created by removal from office, resignation, change in residency to outside the City limits of Pasco, or for any other reason, shall be filled by the appointing authority for that position for the remainder of that term.