Skip to main content
This section is included in your selections.

Any person desiring to have premises connected with the water supply system of the City shall make application for an initial or additional connection to the water service system (as provided in Chapter 13.45 PMC or as hereafter amended) at the office designated by the City Manager on the forms provided. The applicant shall provide:

(1) The name of the record owner of the property;

(2) If the application shall be by a person other than the record owner of the property, written proof that the applicant has permission from the record owner of the property to make the application;

(3) The name of any person purchasing the property under a recorded land purchase contract;

(4) If the application shall be by a person other than the person in subsection (3) if this section, in the event subsection (3) of this section is the case, written proof that the applicant has permission from the person in subsection (3) of this section to make the application. This subsection (4) shall not apply if the applicant is the record owner of the property. Subsequent owners or purchasers of the property shall be responsible for providing written evidence of their interest in the property. Every applicant must:

(a) State fully and truly all the purposes for which the water may be required;

(b) Demonstrate that they have permission to occupy or use the property;

(c) Give the names of their spouse and all nondependents residing on or using the property;

(d) Provide proof of identification;

(e) Provide a local phone number for collection notifications;

(f) Agree to conform to all ordinances, rules and regulations now in existence and as hereafter amended or supplemented governing the water-sewer utility;

(5) Agree that the City shall have the right to shut off the water supply at any time without prior notice for repairs, extensions, nonpayment of rates, or for other good cause, and that the City shall not be responsible for any damage caused by breaking, bursting or collapsing of any boilers, pipes or fixtures, or by the stoppage or interruption of the water supply, or any damage whatever resulting directly or indirectly from the shutting off of the water; as a condition precedent to receiving water service. The application must be signed by the applicant and be accompanied by payment for any charges due in advance before water service will be connected or provided. The application is merely a written request for service and does not, in itself, bind the Public Works Division to serve. Only authorized employees of the City shall be permitted to turn the water on. [Ord. 4096, 2013; Ord. 2050 § 2, 1979; Ord. 962 Art. VI, § 51, 1959; Code 1970 § 13.16.010; Code 1954 § 4-3.100.]