The City shall require the following fees for its activities in accordance with the provisions of this title:
(1) Threshold Determination. For every environmental checklist reviewed by the City when it is lead agency, a fee of $75.00 shall be required from the proponent of the proposal. This fee shall be collected prior to undertaking the threshold determination, and the time periods provided by this title for making a threshold determination shall not begin to run until payment of the fee.
(2) Environmental Impact Statements.
(a) For all proposals requiring an EIS for which the City is the lead agency and for which the responsible official determines that the EIS shall be prepared by employees of the City, the City may charge and collect a reasonable fee from any applicant to cover costs incurred by the City in the preparation of an EIS. If it is determined that an EIS is required, applicants shall be advised of projected costs of the statement prior to actual preparation and shall post bond or otherwise insure payment of such costs, in a manner acceptable to the City Attorney;
(b) The responsible official may determine that the City will contract directly with a consultant for preparation of an EIS, or portion of the EIS, for activities initiated by some person or entity other than the City and may bill such costs and expense directly to the applicant. Such consultants shall be selected by mutual agreement of the City and the applicant after a call for bids. Applicants may be required to post bond or otherwise insure payment of such costs, in a manner acceptable to the City Attorney;
(c) In the event that a proposal is modified so that an EIS is no longer required, the responsible official shall refund any fees under subsections (2)(a) and (2)(b) of this section which were collected for costs not incurred.
(3) No fee shall be collected by the City for performing its duties as a consulted agency.
(4) The City may charge any person for copies of any document prepared pursuant to the requirements of this title, and for mailing thereof, in a manner provided by Chapter 42.17 RCW.
(5) The City may collect a reasonable fee from an applicant to cover the cost of meeting the public notice requirements of this title, relating to the applicant’s proposal.
(6) The fee for appeals under PMC 23.35.070 shall be $200.00.
(7) Except as provided in subsection (2)(c) of this section, all fees are nonrefundable.