The purpose of this title is to implement the Comprehensive Plan for the Pasco Urban Area. This title is to also further the purpose of promoting the health, safety, convenience, comfort, prosperity and general welfare of the present and future inhabitants of the Pasco Urban Area; and
(1) To encourage and facilitate the orderly growth and development of the Pasco Urban Area.
(2) To provide adequate open space for light and air, to prevent overcrowding of the land, and to reduce congestion on the streets.
(3) To secure economy in municipal expenditures, to facilitate adequate provisions for transportation, water, sewer, schools, parks, and other public facilities and services.
(4) To increase the security of home life and preserve and create a more favorable environment for citizens and visitors of the Pasco Urban Area.
(6) To secure safety from fire, panic and other dangers.
(7) To stabilize and improve property values.
(8) To enhance the economic and cultural well-being of the inhabitants of Pasco.
(9) To promote the development of a more wholesome, serviceable and attractive city resulting from an orderly, planned use of resources. [Ord. 4110 § 3, 2013; Ord. 3354 § 2, 1999; Code 1970 § 25.04.020.]