(1) Minimum lot area: No specific lot area is required, except the minimum area required for a business park zone shall be 15 acres. Land immediately adjacent to an existing business park zoning district may be added to that district in increments of five acres;
(2) Lot coverage: Lot area coverage by buildings or structures shall not exceed 50 percent of the total lot area;
(3) Minimum Yard Setbacks.
(a) Front yard: 50 feet;
(b) Side yard: No requirements, except where a business park lot abuts a residential district, then the side yard shall be 30 feet or equal to the height of the building, whichever is greater;
(c) Rear yard: 30 feet or equal to the height of the building, whichever is greater;
(4) Maximum building height: 45 feet, except a greater height may be approved by special permit;
(5) Parking: All parking lots shall be improved with appropriate curbs for drainage control and to maintain landscaping areas. Parking lots shall be constructed of asphalt concrete or Portland cement concrete and shall contain canopy trees as provided in PMC 25.180.070(6);
(6) Landscaping: The landscaping provisions of this section shall be in addition to the landscape and screening provisions provided in Chapter 25.180 PMC. In apparent cases of conflict between provisions, the most restrictive shall prevail:
(a) Fifteen percent of all lot areas shall be landscaped;
(b) The 20 feet of front yard setback area nearest street rights-of-way shall be landscaped;
(c) At least 50 percent of all building exteriors shall abut landscaped areas;
(d) Except for loading and unloading zones, buildings shall be no closer than 10 feet from a parking area;
(e) No paving shall be permitted within four feet of the center of a tree at the time of planting;
(f) One hundred percent of all landscaped areas shall contain live vegetation; said vegetation shall consist of a variety of shrubs, trees and ground covers;
(g) Rear and side yard setback areas immediately adjacent to neighboring properties in a different district shall be treated with landscaped elements so as to create a visual buffer;
(h) At least 50 percent of the required landscaped area shall be visible from the street adjoining the lot;
(7) Loading and Unloading Docks.
(a) Sufficient area shall be provided on-site to accommodate loading and unloading activities. Streets and street rights-of-way shall not be used for these purposes;
(8) Rooftop Equipment. All rooftop equipment shall be screened so as not to be visible from the horizontal plane of building roofs;
(9) Outdoor Storage and Waste Disposal.
(a) No outdoor storage shall be permitted in the business park zone unless such storage is entirely enclosed by building walls and/or a solid masonry wall not less than seven feet in height. No materials stored behind the wall shall extend and be visible above the wall;
(b) No materials or waste shall be deposited upon a property within the business park zone in such a form or manner that they may be transferred to other areas by natural causes or forces;
(c) All waste material shall be stored in an enclosed area in proper containers and shall be accessible to service vehicles;
(10) Signage. All signs advertising the business park and/or businesses located therein not affixed to buildings shall be ground signs, which blend with and complement landscaping and architecture. No roof signs, perpendicular to walls or freestanding pole signs are permitted. All wall signs shall not exceed 10 percent of wall areas in size; and
(11) Architecture. All structures shall be constructed so as to create a unique and distinct character for the business park. Building exteriors shall consist of various types of concrete, brick, stucco, glass, tile, wood products and composite materials. The materials are to be used so as to create character and relief to the buildings. Twenty percent of a building’s exterior may be constructed of baked enamel sheet metal.