The purpose of this chapter is to provide opportunities for innovation, creativity and flexibility in land development within the City. It is intended to encourage the development of efficient, high-quality development through flexibility in building controls, including density, lot sizes, setbacks and heights. The result must preserve and enhance the public health, safety, welfare and access of the community and must be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
Furthermore, it is the purpose of this chapter to:
(1) Encourage development that enhances the quality of life while protecting the health, safety, welfare and access of residents;
(2) Increase housing supply and the choice of housing styles available in the community;
(3) Preserve to the greatest extent possible the existing land forms and natural vegetation and minimize adverse effect on sensitive environmental areas;
(4) Promote high-quality design and aesthetics;
(5) Lessen development impacts on adjacent areas through site design and necessary mitigation measures; and
(6) Provide guidelines for development of planned unit developments. [Ord. 4481 § 1, 2020; Ord. 3354 § 2, 1999; Code 1970 § 25.62.010.]