“Admission charge,” in addition to its usual and ordinary meaning, includes:
(1) A charge made for season tickets and subscriptions; and
(2) A cover charge, or a charge made for use of seats and tables reserved or otherwise, and other similar accommodations; and
(3) A charge made for food and refreshment in any place where free entertainment, recreation or amusement is provided; and
(4) A charge made for rental or use of facilities for purposes of recreation or amusement for which general admission is normally charged on an individual basis shall be considered as the admission charge; and
(5) Automobile parking charges if the amount of the charge is determined according to the number of passengers in an automobile; and
(6) Any sum of money referred to as a “donation” which must be paid before entrance is allowed.
“Bona fide charitable or nonprofit organization” means any organization duly existing under the provisions of Chapters 24.12, 24.20 or 24.28 RCW, or any agricultural fair organized under the provisions of Chapters 36.37 or 15.76 RCW, or any nonprofit corporation duly existing under the provisions of Chapter 24.03 RCW for charitable, benevolent, educational, civic, patriotic, political, social, fraternal, athletic or agricultural purposes, or any nonprofit organization or association, whether incorporated or otherwise, when found by the Director of Finance to be organized and operating or conducting an event or activity for one or more of the above-listed purposes.
“Director of Finance” means the Director of Finance of the City of Pasco or his designee.
“Person” means an individual, receiver, assignee, firm, partnership, joint venture, corporation, company, joint stock company, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, association, society, or a group of individuals acting as a unit whether mutual, cooperative, fraternal, nonprofit or otherwise.
“Place” includes but is not restricted to theaters, dance halls, amphitheaters, nightclubs, auditoriums, stadiums, athletic pavilions or fields, swimming pools, aquatic parks, baseball or other athletic parks, ice arenas, adult entertainment facilities as defined in Chapter 5.20 PMC, circuses, side shows, amusement parks, merry-go-rounds, Ferris wheels, roller coasters, observation towers, arcades and similar attractions. [Ord. 3726 § 1, 2005; Ord. 3557 §§ 1, 2, 2002; Ord. 3437 § 2, 2000; Code 1970 § 3.02.010.]