Transportation impact fees shall:
(1) Be imposed only for system improvements that are reasonably related to the new development.
(2) Not exceed a proportionate share of the costs of system improvements that are reasonably related to the new development.
(3) Be used for system improvements that will reasonably benefit the new development.
(4) May be collected and spent only for transportation system and right-of-way improvements which are addressed by the capital facilities plan element of the City of Pasco Comprehensive Land Use Plan and adopted Subarea Plan addressing the following elements:
(a) Deficiencies in public transportation facilities serving existing development and the means by which existing deficiencies will be eliminated within a reasonable period of time;
(b) Additional demands placed on existing public facilities by new development; and
(c) Additional public facility improvements required to serve new development.
(5) Should not be imposed to mitigate the same off-site transportation facility impacts that are mitigated by any other assessment required by ordinance or law of the same development.