(1) Applications for license shall not be accepted nor license issued to individuals under the age of 18 years. No person under the age of 18 years shall be employed by the licensee in connection with the retail sales of fireworks.
(2) Retail sales of consumer fireworks shall only be allowed within the City from 12:00 noon to 11:00 p.m. on June 28th of each year; from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. on each day from June 29th through July 4th of each year; and from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on July 5th of each year, and from 12:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. on each day from December 27th through December 31st of each year as required by RCW 70.77.395.
(3) Fireworks sales shall only be permitted in commercial zones within the City.
(4) Fireworks inventory, storage and sales shall only be permitted within temporary stands or tents as approved by the Fire Marshal of the City, and shall be prohibited within permanent structures or those locations which pose a safety risk.
(5) Fireworks stands shall provide no smoking signs in red letters, not less than two inches in height, on white background. All signs shall be maintained in a legible condition and shall be placed and displayed so as to be clearly visible and readable a minimum of 20 feet from the location in which fireworks are sold or stored.
(6) Each firework sales location shall have not less than two water-type extinguishers of not less than two and one-half gallon capacity or the equivalent.
(7) There shall be at least two exits from all stands and temporary structures from which fireworks are sold. The two exits shall be unobstructed and open from the ground level to at least six feet in height.
(8) There shall be no accumulation of dry grass, paper, cardboard, trash, lumber, or other combustibles within 100 feet of any fireworks sales location.
(9) Fireworks shall not be sold within 100 feet of any flammable or combustible liquid or liquid petroleum gas dispenser.
(10) The fireworks sales stand used for the sale of fireworks shall be removed from the premises no later than seven days from the last date of sales. Any stand or structure remaining beyond this date may be removed by order of the Pasco Chief of Police at the expense of the licensee or property owner.
(11) The fireworks business licensee shall distribute, with each sale of fireworks, safety literature as approved by the City of Pasco Fire Marshal. The Fire Marshal may require approved safety posters to be mounted in conspicuous locations at each fireworks sales location.
(12) It is unlawful for any person or entity to sell or give fireworks to anyone under the age of 16 unless that person is under the immediate supervision of an adult (18 years of age or older). Signs shall be posted prominently at each fireworks sales location which state:
IT IS UNLAWFUL TO SELL OR GIVE FIREWORKS TO ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF SIXTEEN (16) YEARS UNLESS THAT PERSON IS UNDER THE IMMEDIATE SUPERVISION OF AN ADULT EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. IT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL FOR A PARENT, GUARDIAN, OR OTHER PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR A CHILD UNDER THE AGE OF SIXTEEN (16) YEARS OF AGE TO ALLOW THAT CHILD TO POSSESS, USE, DISCHARGE, OR TRANSPORT ANY FIREWORKS UNLESS THAT CHILD IS UNDER THE IMMEDIATE SUPERVISION OF AN ADULT.
(13) Smoking and the discharge of fireworks shall be prohibited within 100 feet of any fireworks sales location.
(14) There shall be prominently posted at each fireworks sales location a list of the fireworks that may be sold to the public and approved for sale within the City of Pasco as required by RCW 70.77.580.
(15) The fireworks business license shall be conspicuously posted at each fireworks sales location and shall be produced for inspection upon the request of any authorized City official or employee.
(16) The firework sales location cannot be within 50 feet of any structure and cannot be within 25 feet of any property line or City right-of-way. The actual location of structures and improvements must comply with the approved site plan. [Ord. 4471 § 5, 2019; Ord. 4385 § 4, 2018; Code 1970 § 5.80.080.]